Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Rant RE: So called 'dangerous dogs'

Have you noticed that lately there has been a spate of dog attacks in the news again.

What annoys me about this, is that the dogs involved and also any other dog that happens to be of the same breed, are immediately condemned as being bad (eg; 'all rotweilers are evil because one happened to attack a child').
It really pisses me off that nothing is ever mentioned in these cases about the owner being negligent for not being responsible enough to train the dog properly. It is fair enough that the dog ends up getting put down after attacking someone, but the problem with this is, the owner probably then goes out and gets another dog and the same thing is likely to happen again.
If a dog is given the proper training and a stable environment to live in, then it never feels the need to attack anyone.
I think more should be done in these matters to acknowledge the owner's negligence in these matters. If I had my way, I'd ban these people from ever owning another dog, as it's obvious that they aren't responsible enough to give the correct training.

Thought I'd just get that off my chest and also I'm bored at work 'cos we've answered all the emails.

On a different note; Pay day tomorrow! HOORAY!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home