Friday, February 03, 2006

In the Shit at work - Ooops

Uh oh, I am totally in the shit at work now - apparently the client was monitoring some calls and they got one that I had released when I shouldn't have done. (General reason for this: customer being an arse and can no longer be bothered with them - oops, my hand slipped). So next thing I know, I get dragged into an office in front of 2 team managers and interrogated as to why I would do such a thing - Erm...
DAMN THEM ALL TO ETERNAL HELL!!
Anyway have been suspended on full pay and not allowed in to work until I have a disciplinary hearing, I am on holiday for the next 10 days anyway so that doesn't make a lot of difference to me. So the will probably decide my ultimate fate on or around the 13th feb. Worst thing they can do I sack me. Hang on, did I say worst thing??? I can't stand the job anyway and I'd be only too glad to see the back of the place. If they don't sack me I'll probably hand in my notice anyway. I'm not cut out to be a customer adviser, I don't have the patience, I hate people and I don't suffer fools gladly

Anyway, gonna forget about that godforsaken place for now 'cos I'm supposed to be on holiday
Get to see Adam tomorrow - Yay!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Catpee said...

What an entirely anal workplace!!! Are they going to pay you extra to take hassle and abuse from customers? I'm sure they aren't so you are perfectly entitled to end a call with someone who is being unreasonable. We had to do it a lot at the football club otherwise you'll be on the phone for ages clogging up the phonelines when other people are trying to get through. I find it hideous that you are so intensely monitored and there are such tight rules and regulations. They would be better off employing robots as they don't have feelings and personality. Clearly management have something against free will and independent thought.

If they do sack you or put something on record, I would contest it and actually you would have a case to sue them as well for defamation of character and affecting your future chances of employment and unfair dismisal and holding false information on record because they are going to put some rubbish that you were a bad employee and behaved inappropriately or some such nonsense. When you go for another job, they will want references and that evil place will give you a bad one which is going to harm your career prospects. You could have trouble finding another job because of them.

You should remind them they are running a call centre not a prison camp.

You will be better off out of there definitely. I think you should go to either Belfast or Glasgow and get a job hehe. I imagine you'd rather have Glasgow though.

Have a great time with Adam!!!

And remember ...Power to the People!!!

February 03, 2006 8:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home